I am also happy to report that Oliver's blankie is finally finished. I didn't get it done in time for his arrival - he did come a little early - but it is done now! Overall, I am very pleased with the way it turned out and it is another example of how changing the recommended yarns can work just fine!
I used Berroco's Endora pattern and the only modifications I made were, of course, using different yarns. The cabled part was done in a brushed acrylic yarn bought at JoAnn's. The edging was done in Riot Eyelash, a Yarn Bee brand from Hobby Lobby. I was a tiny bit displeased with the slight ruffling effect on the ends, due to picking up a few too many stitches. I'm happy enough with it though.
I have three WIPs rolling along at the moment, but I must admit that Oliver steals my attention, so the projects are sitting on the back burner right now. I am really excited about a purse I am working on for my best friend right now, and that should be done really soon.