Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring is in the Air!

Wow, it's been a while since I took some time to sit down and think about all that's going on around me. I've been a busybody lately!


Two weeks ago, I spent the weekend in Destin for a bachelorette party. It was a great time and I was very glad to get out and party. I was equally glad to pull back into my driveway Sunday afternoon. I had never spent a night away from my kids, much less a whole weekend.

Last weekend was the wedding, which was also a blast!


A couple of pics:

This is my girl Rita and I at the rehearsal. Below, the bride Tabatha and I.








And here I am, pregaming it:






This was the first thing that came to my mind when I opened the bottle of champagne, and it started bubbling up all over the place. Oh well!

What a wonderful day! Everything was perfect and gorgeous.



Now, on to the knitting portion of this program...

Needless to say, I haven't had a chance for much knitting. I have been trying to get my head together for a couple of warm-weather projects, and I did cast on for the Drop-Stitch Lace Tank, from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. I have wanted to knit this since I bought the book last summer. I was pregnant then, so I had to wait almost a whole year to do it! For the first time ever, I am using the same color of the same yarn suggested in the pattern. I bought the Cascade Pima Tencel in teal from yarn.com, hoping it would turn out to be nice and soft. Yay! I love it, and now I'm just hoping it wears well. I'm always scared to use cotton yarns because in my experience, they get a little fuzzy and lose their freshness. Anyway, here's a peek of my (slow) progress:





I swear I must have done about eight different swatches of the drop-stitch lace, and I just wasn't happy with it. After being so excited and waiting for so long to knit this tank, I was getting very frustrated and almost gave up on it. Then I decided to browse Ravelry to see if anyone had modified the pattern. I can't even count how many times Ravelry has saved my day (three cheers for Ravelry !!!). I found NoKnitSherlock 's version of the tank she confirmed for me how she twisted the knit stitches to make the dropped stitches more obedient. To do so, you would knit into the back of all the knit stitches on the RS of the piece, and (if you are knitting flat) purl into the back of all purl stitches on the WS. Success! I was so happy when I realized how good it looked that way.



As much as I'd like to say that I'll be knitting this all weekend, my yard is beckoning for some much-needed planting and attention. Unless, of course, it rains. We'll see!

1 comment:

chookie said...

Wow what a beautiful bride!