Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Geez, I'm a slacker!

To put it lightly - I stink at this blogging concept. I haven't posted anything in almost eight months! I am resolving to be better at this. I have thought about updating so many times, only to become discouraged about the amount of catching up I need to do!



So, I have decided that I am not going to play the catch-up game. I think back tracking would be a waste of time. Who wants to read old stuff?

I do have one project for which I intend to post details and someday, even a pattern! Here she is, September Sweater.





Back in August, I saw a cardigan in Buckle that I liked a lot. It was cheap - I could have definitely afforded it. But it was acrylic. I don't know why I have suddenly developed an aversion to sweaters made with synthetic fibers. They just don't last. Besides, I was up for the challenge of knitting it myself! To me, that is the best part of knitting - a challenging project is so much more rewarding than a thrown-together quickie.
Anyway, I got the some ideas on how this could work from this Drops Blouse and the Sideways Spencer, and casted on. If there was one thing that kept me going, it was patience. I knew what I wanted from this project, and if a mistake was made, I corrected it. I didn't give myself a time frame, so there was no pressure.


The details:
  • Yarn: LionBrand Fisherman's Wool, in natural brown, 2 skeins
  • Needles: US 7
  • Began: August 10
  • Finished: October 6


There are some other details here on Ravelry. Now I realize why I stopped blogging - I put all the details in Ravelry.


Pattern to come, someday.

No comments: