Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A New Adventure

I'm so happy to say that after a too-long hiatus from my creative endeavors, I am back! Albeit without knitting needles. Though I have started the Spring Beret, (Ravelry link) I just can't get with it! I've said it over and over, but it's just so hard to knit in the summertime for me. Maybe my brain has seasonal aversion to it.

After much deliberation and a few nudges from friends and family, I've decided to try to start actually making money doing what I love. It's only a start, but I've opened an Etsy store and have been cranking away updating my stash of materials and putting together some pieces. I think I'll wait to post listings until I have a more substantial collection, but I'll share a peek at what I've done so far.

This charm bracelet is a combination of antiqued brass colored chain and ceramic beads on an elastic cord. The charms are a mix of glass beads and antiqued brass bugs.


This is a simple two-strand charm necklace with a mix of metal and glass baubles. The chain is a gold tone with a matching spring ring closure.



This chunky charm bracelet so summery! Again, it is a combo of chain and lightweight wooden beads on elastic cord. No fussy clasp! Charms include a turquoise nugget, glass beads, and two antiqued brass color charms.


This ring is my personal favorite and I'm going to have a hard time listing it! It features raw brass filigree, which I antiqued by hand using vinegar and flame. The band is adustable and is the same finish as the round base. On it, I attached a bumble bee casted in brass along with a crystal in a brass pronged setting. I may have to make one for myself!


My plan is to offer more than just jewelry on the site. I do have some small knitted items in the works (probably when the weather cools down) and possibly a few home accent pieces. It's just the beginning and I'm really excited so I've been cranking out at least two projects a day.



I'll post more pieces as soon as they are completed and soon I'll be ready to open for business :)

1 comment:

Jennp1751 said...

The jewelry looks really good! I need to get started on mine again as soon as I get the house situated. I've been doing 2 or 3 things a week in between the mess that is our house right now. We should definitely get together when I get my "office" set up and make some jewelry or paint or whatever.